AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

I  have much to be thankful for this year.  I'll admit that while being sick it can often be hard to feel anything close to thankful for anything having to do with my sickness, but I'm grateful He has helped me to see the many things I should be thankful for....including my sickness.
Anyway - I'll keep it simple.

1) My family.  I could have never asked for a better little family.  In fact, way back when, I couldn't even  imagine what my little family might look like and what a blessing they have been to me....so much more than I could have imagined.  God has provided two little joys to help us laugh when we need to laugh.  I just never expected motherhood to be so fun. Yes, even though being ill, I would still say that motherhood is the funnest job I have ever had.  Not saying there have been hard moments through it, and especially being ill and being a mother has been one of the hardest things I've done, but as a whole, it's been such a joy and pleasure that I can only attribute to our good God for giving us.

And under the family subject, I've got to say once again that I am so thankful for my husband.  Yet again, I can only attribute it to the wisdom and goodness of God that He would perfectly match me with my Matt.  I couldn't have seen ahead of time what kind of care-taker Matt would have been and now with this new job thrust upon him, he has done it so well and so above and beyond what I deserve.

2) This may seem obvious, but I am thankful for modern medicine.  Though this disease has a lot of things stacked against it (mainstream medically speaking), I'm thankful for those who seek the truth and seek to heal people like me, who truly need healing from a disease that the majority of doctors in the world believe is not a "real" sickness.  These doctors and nurses (some of them putting their careers and own finances on the line) are brave and compassionate and I could not be more thankful for them, because without them and the medicine they practice and prescribe, I would not have the hope of getting well.

3) And lastly, I am thankful for prayer. So many of my friends and family (and even people I don't know personally) are praying for me and for Matt and the girls and we just so appreciate that and believe that "the effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much." (James 5:16)  I am thankful that God has allowed those of us who know Him personally to approach His throne and make requests of Him.  We have most definitely felt uplifted in prayer since this whole Lyme ordeal started.  So thank you, Lord, for giving us prayer.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment