AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

befuddled

I had another doctor's appointment a couple days ago. I gained another pound since my last appointment!

I brought up my concerns about the returning joint pains and my doctor went somewhere I didn't think he'd go. He said he wants to step up the efforts to make my body well. Instead of dwelling on the yeast (because he thinks I probably have a handle on it), he went on about making sure I eat ALL organic food and how it was incredibly important to never eat genetically modified foods. It was strange to hear a Western Medicine doctor tell me this. He explained a little bit why and it made sense to me. He also said for my body, my gut is probably still messed up from what the yeast has done and may still be doing. So I need to detoxify as well as fill my body with good pure things.

He suggested two other methods to help with this. One is the Gerson Therapy. It is a program that basically states you only eat fruits and vegetables. You do this mainly through juicing. Unfortunately we'd need a specific juicer. Using our existing one would only get out about 5% of the nutrients in the vegetables and fruit. We could go for one that gets out 95% of the nutrients but this would cost us about $1000-2000! This is just not feasible for us. There is another juicer out there that would get about 75% of the nutrients for about $250. This still seems insurmountable to us but we're considering it. It would be a HUGE lifestyle change. Just google the Gerson Therapy and you'll see why.

The other thing he suggested I'm still not on board with. It actually seems gimmicky to me. It's alkaline water. He said this would cleanse my colon and it's something he feels I really need to do. He told me to research it and said it would be hard to sift through all of the gimmicky places in order to find scientific research. Boy was he right! But anyways -- to get alkaline water, I'd need to buy a $2000 machine to do it for me. We most definitely cannot do this. Unless I'm convinced it would cure me it's just not an option for us.

It was sort of disappointing coming away from the appointment. A lot of what this doctor said made sense but at the same time he is suggesting huge lifestyle changes. But if it means getting rid of my fibromyalgia, it might be worth it.

We have a lot to pray about.

I had my vitamin levels tested again to see how well I'm absorbing stuff. Because my gallbladder is out, he suspects some fat soluble vitamins aren't being absorbed by me very well. We'll see....

Next time he wants to test my pesticide levels (from eating non-organic foods). Please pray that we'll make the right decision. My next appointment will most likely be my last appointment with him because we are moving out of state. So we really want to know whether to proceed with the pesticide testing, etc. If it will be beneficial to know and treat me, then we'll do it, but obviously it's not covered by our insurance because it is a new test.

*sigh*

For now we are committed to eating all organic (we were currently eating about 75% organic food in our home) and trying really hard to avoid genetically modified foods (REALLY hard to do because just about everything from fruits and veggies to packaged food are genetically modified -- did you know in Europe they have to be labeled and they've found them to be harmful! But here in the U.S there are no regulations against them so things are usually not labeled).

And I'm juicing a lot more frequently now even though I'm only getting 5% of the nutrients I need from it. I figure a little is better than nothing.

Hopefully we can slowly transition after our move to the possibility of the Gerson Therapy and hopefully that can solve my problems once and for all!

Sorry for all the info and now you probably consider me an official 'wack' job and true Californian crunchy nut :)

No comments:

Post a Comment