AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hopeful




Sorry about the pic.  It's the latest.  Smithers, I would like to hope, sensed that I was sick and decided to cuddle and purr for about 30 minutes.  But really, I know the truth - she had been gone for a whole week while my brother was here (he's allergic to cats) and when she got back she decided SHE needed some attention.  They say animals help you heal faster.  Or is that dogs?  Oh well, she's close enough to a dog.

I don't remember what I've written so sorry to repeat myself.

I had to go off of the antibiotics about 2 days earlier than planned because of a low white blood count.  Yesterday I was tested again (still waiting on results).  But it just so happened that this week was my "off" week anyway (off of antibiotics).  So I wondered how I would feel.  The "normal" (if there is a normal in Lyme disease) is that at some point off the antibiotics you feel "better" for a bit.  And the hope is that after each cycle of antibiotics, you feel better for longer each time.

Well, 3 days after I stopped antibiotics I wondered if I'd ever feel "better" again.  But then hope came yesterday.  Hard to describe because I still feel pretty bad.  But I feel better.  Let's put it this way:

Before (on antibiotics):
-throbbing joints
-headache/migraine daily
-sore-to-the-touch muscles (felt like I'd been in a car accident)
-constant nausea
-balance issues
-severe fatigue

After (5 days after antibiotics):
-bad fatigue (but not severe -- still can't do much other than lay on the couch)
-some headaches

So basically, I still can't do much, but I feel a LOT better while not doing much.  It may not last long but I'm enjoying it while I have it.

I am SO beyond thankful that I have help....24 hr. help.  I wish we had money to hire someone to do this once all my family has left.  My brother and sister-in-law and niece were so very helpful, anticipating needs and just taking over. I really didn't have to leave the couch at all and honestly, I couldn't probably if I tried.

My sister is here now and she is also being very very helpful.  Georgie is SO happy to have her here. And we're hoping to tackle some "purging" projects and organization stuff this week since I'm feeling well enough to help her sort through things.  She also doesn't mind holding Olivia who has just started to insist on things being done HER way and immediately.  We probably wouldn't give in so much if her yells didn't exacerbate my headaches.

So anyway - please continue to pray for our family and hopefully this "feeling better" will last a few more days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment