AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, March 1, 2012

aware

...of the beating of my heart.

Many Lyme patients can suffer heart complications related to Lyme&Co.  Therefore, it's important to pay attention to symptoms and let your doctor know even if you have the slightest of heart symptoms.

I've had little ones all of my life.  As I've gone through treatment, I've experienced more.  My LLMD has been keeping a close watch on these things but as you know, over the holidays I was hospitalized for some chest pain and pressure.  While all the tests were normal, my LLMD wanted one last test to just rule out any sort of problem - a nuclear stress test.  This that test where you get injected with an isotope and get a pic of your heart then wait and walk on a treadmill for 10 minutes and get injected with another isotope and then get another pic of your heart.  I did it last week.

OH MY -- the treadmill workout was more exercise than I've done at one time in more than 2 years.  I had to lay in bed all weekend (not to mention the added awfulness of having a virus show up the next day).  And then my cardiologist wanted me to wear a Holter monitor for 24 hours after to also just make sure nothing funny is going on.

Tomorrow I get my results and I fully expect them to be normal (both the nuclear stress test and the Holter monitor).  But I thought I'd write this to send out the word to not take heart symptoms for granted just because you have all this other stuff going on in your body.  It's definitely better to be safe than sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Hope everything goes well with your results, Heather. I've done the treadmill thing too...no easy task. Definitely better to be safe than sorry.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete