AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

worn out!

So this week started off great.  My first of two "off" weeks (off of medication).  I had a little more energy and generally felt pretty good.  Good enough to make plans this week!  Not much of me going out but of having people here.

We had friends over for dinner the night before and it was SOOOOOO fun.  Yesterday I woke up and still felt pretty good.  So I did a little extra yesterday (took on a simple sewing project and finished and made dinner!!!) and I think that's what got me to sit back a little.

oh yes....it's there.
 I don't feel defeated or back into my shell on the permanently dented spot on the couch that conforms to me perfectly, but it was enough of a wake up call to say, "Heather, take it easIER."  So that's what I plan to do today.  Rest rest rest and enjoy my girls without the shroud of "ick" on me or the irritability that can be present when I feel so so physically awful.

Oh, Lyme!  You will not get the better of me!  It is SO important for us who have these illnesses to really "listen" to our bodies.  It WILL tell you when you're overdoing it and if you don't listen to it, you will pay for it generally very soon after.    So I'm going to "listen" because I still have the rest of the week ahead of me and a whole OTHER week after that to feel "good" before I get on the meds again.

Thanking God so much for the healing we are seeing taking place.  Even if it is very small and hard to see at times.

2 comments:

  1. It's so easy for us women (especially wives and mothers) to feel like we have to be super women. We overdo it way too often even without Lyme getting into the mix. I can only imagine how easy it is for you to overdo it when you're feeling just a little better than normal!

    God has used this pregnancy to make me realize that my hubby and son don't need everything to be perfect, they just need me to be there to love them. I've had many days where I haven't been able to do much more than give a few hugs and kisses, and not once have I heard any complaints. I know it's not Lyme, but it's as close as I can come to "understanding" what you're going through. Now get some rest! :)

    ReplyDelete