AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

less calm :)

Oh my deary me.  While the appointment on Tuesday went well and I really love my surgeon and think he's very wise, it turns out this lump is still in my neck.  And instead of it being a quick procedure while being awake (local anesthetic), the surgeon thinks it much better to put me completely under.

So next week (yes! THAT quickly!) I will be hopping on an operating table early in the morning (on a treatment week, no less) and being put to sleep so they can operate on my neck.  The reasons are many and I trust his decision to do it this way, but it does make my whole "calmness" sort of come down a notch.  Being put under general anesthesia makes me a little more worried and I just hate the feeling after as you recover for the next day or so from all that anesthetic (while watching two Littles).

I've already spoken with my LLMD and it seems that none of my meds will interfere and I can even continue to take the antibiotics for treatment.  Yay! Now I get to recover from anesthesia AND fight Lyme bugs next week.

So I will appreciate your prayers next week and leading up to next week!  I sure could use a message to my body that it's okay to relax and sleep all night.  Even when my head seems calm, my body freaks out when stressful things are about to happen so I have been having very interesting nights of un-sleep.

But I'll tell you what, even with bad sleep and this stress on my body, I am still feeling so much better than I was a year ago.  I just keep standing amazed at how far God has used the doctors to bring me.

And you know what else?  The surgeon suggested we test the "lump" for (among other things) Lyme&Co.  I didn't even bring it up!!!  This is nearly a miracle because doctors in my state get in real trouble with they TREAT chronic Lyme and most doctors I've told that I have it or that I want to get my children tested have scoffed at me in a very rude way. So I'm sorta shocked that he would bring it up without me having to ask him to test it.

I'm blessed that I have had some "good" encounters with doctors here.

To lighten things up, check in tomorrow for a giveaway!!!

3 comments:

  1. Keeping you in my prayers, Heather! That's really amazing about your doctor testing it for Lyme!! Hope you can sneak a nap in today.

    -Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally-- someone who isn't afraid to run a test for lyme. Sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Heather. Will be thinking about you and praying for you. YAY on the Lyme test. Bonus!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete