AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

relieved

I got a call at about 5pm on the dot last night and the nurse from the surgeon's office told me that the lump they removed was benign!  I asked her if there was anything about it that was bacterial or Lyme related and she sounded a bit unsure but said there was nothing abnormal about the lump.  So I suppose I'll get the full story at my appointment next week with the surgeon.    But I'm bracing myself to hear that, yep, this lump was not unusual in any way.  Which is fantastic! (just a part of me wanted them to find a Lyme related bacteria in it)




We are so thankful for all the prayers.  We let friends and family know right away last night and there was a collective sigh felt with each response that trickled in over the course of the evening.  It felt nice to know so many people were praying for us and were genuinely concerned.  We sighed too.

But I'll tell you what - as soon as I got off the phone, I sat for a second in silence and the first words I uttered were, "Thank you, Lord."  I didn't exclaim it.  I pondered it.  I know He was in control and that in either situation, whether it had been something ugly or whether it was benign, that God ordained it.  He takes care of us.

"Are not five sparrow sold for two pennies?  And not one of them is forgotten before God.  Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered.  Fear not, you are of more value than many sparrows.  And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God," - Luke 12:6-8

Then I said it again and again as I drove home to tell my husband.  I wasn't emotional or crying or anything.  In all honesty, the weight of trying to get my physical self back up to my "normal" took my mind off of being really apprehensive about my results. And I'm not quite at my "normal" yet but I think I'm close.  I have hopes that on my next two weeks "off" of meds I'll have more energy.

Thanks for praying for us!


2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! So relieved for you, Heather. Hopefully it's onward and upward from here. Thanks for sharing your journey. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. We rejoice with you and praise God for his mercy on you...and all of us who love you. Keeping you and Matt in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete